The next-door neighbour of the family of four who were electrocuted on Monday around the Dinyavo area of Jalingo, in Taraba state has narrated how the unfortunate incident happened.
The victims who were identified as Remond Ofonbuk, Mfonbong Remond, Heaven Remond, and First Remond died after they were electrocuted at their Dinyavoh’s residence on Monday.
According to Gambo Tibwa, they found Raymond’s dead body holding his laptop and the dead body of his wife and that of their children beside him.
Tibwa told BBC Pidgin that Raymond had earlier rushed out of his room to alert the other tenants in the compound about the high voltage, asking everyone in the building to off their lights.
“So, after he went back to his room, we heard an explosion from the direction of one of the transformers that supply electricity to our area and we quickly came out of our rooms and saw smoke coming out from Raymond’s room,” Tibwa said.
She said that they called out Raymond’s name but nobody answered. She said they later found the body of Raymond, his wife, who was identified as Mfon and two of their children lifeless when they entered the room.
Madam Tibwa added that Raymond’s last child escaped the incident because he was not inside the room when it happened.
Raymond’s eldest son who died alongside his parents was 15 years old.


