• Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Funny
  • Sports
  • Music
  • Gists
  • Others
  • Contact Us
Naijalamp
  • Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Funny
  • Sports
  • Music
  • Gists
  • Others
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Funny
  • Sports
  • Music
  • Gists
  • Others
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Naijalamp
No Result
View All Result
Naijalamp WhatsApp Channel Naijalamp WhatsApp Channel Naijalamp WhatsApp Channel
Home News

Akeredolu Cancels Democracy Day Celebration

by Adebayo Paul
4 years ago
in News
Ondo Gov, Akeredolu Orders Immediate Shutdown Of Popular Hotel Days After Shutting Down A Club
Share

Rotimi Akeredolu, the Ondo State Governor, has cancelled this year’s Democracy Day celebration in the state in honour of those who lost their lives during terrorist attack on worshippers at the St. Francis Catholic Church, Owo, on Sunday.

Akeredolu announced this a series of tweets on his Twitter handle on Saturday, saying the cancellation was to allow Ondo people mourn the deceased.

The State Government had on Wednesday given a new casualty figure from the terrorist attack on worshippers at the church.

The state Commissioner for Health, Dr Banji Ajaka, in a statement said as of Tuesday midnight, the number of victims was 127 while 40 had been confirmed dead.

The Catholic Bishop of Ondo Diocese, Jude Arogundade, had earlier said the church recorded 38 deaths.

“The situation report as at 12 midnight, on Tuesday 7/6/22 at St. Louis Hospital, Owo, 39 people were involved and 13 deaths (confirmed). At the Federal Medical Centre, Owo, a total number of persons involved is 84 and number of corpses in the FMC mortuary is 25; female, 17, and eight males,” Ajaka said in a statement.

But Akeredolu on Saturday said the state would be suspending the June 12 celebration in honour of the victims.

“In honour of the victims of the terror attack at St. Francis Catholic Church in Owo, the Ondo State Government has canceled this year’s June 12 celebration.

“The cancelation is to enable the people of Ondo State mourn their loved ones who lost their lives in the horrific attack,” Akeredolu tweeted on Saturday.

Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.

Unsubscribe
Next Post
APC Presidential Primaries: How Buhari Turned Me Down On Anointed Candidate – El-Rufai Reveals

APC Presidential Primaries: How Buhari Turned Me Down On Anointed Candidate – El-Rufai Reveals

No Result
View All Result

Naijalamp Facebook

Naijalamp TwitterX

About Us
Privacy Policy
© 2025 Copyright: Naijalamp. All Rights Reserved

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

Social Media Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Funny
  • Sports
  • Music
  • Gists
  • Others
  • Contact Us

© 2025 Copyright: Naijalamp. All Rights Reserved