• Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Funny
  • Sports
  • Music
  • Gists
  • Others
  • Contact Us
Naijalamp
  • Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Funny
  • Sports
  • Music
  • Gists
  • Others
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Funny
  • Sports
  • Music
  • Gists
  • Others
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Naijalamp
No Result
View All Result
Naijalamp WhatsApp Channel Naijalamp WhatsApp Channel Naijalamp WhatsApp Channel
Home News

Man Sentenced To 15 years Imprisonment Over Murder Of 5-month-old ‘Son’ After The Mother Revealed He Wasn’t The Biological Father

by Adebayo Paul
2 years ago
in News
Court Sacks 15 Ebonyi Lawmakers For Defecting to APC
Share

The Lehurutshe Regional Court in South Africa has sentenced a 32-year-old man, Collen Rorisang Mogotsi, to 15 years imprisonment over the heinous killing of his five-month-old ‘son’ after his girlfriend and the child’s mother revealed he was not the biological father.

The verdict was delivered on Tuesday, September 17, 2024, with the judge not only condemning Mogotsi’s actions but also declaring him unfit to ever possess a firearm under the stringent Firearm Control Act of 2000.

The incident occurred in the early hours of November 8, 2017. Police responded to a report from Willowpark, Lehurutshe, where the infant’s lifeless body was discovered. The baby had sustained head and other injuries.

“He was declared dead by Emergency and Medical Rescue Services (EMRS) on the scene,” said Colonel Adéle Myburgh, police spokesperson.

It was reported that the baby’s mother and her boyfriend, Mogotsi, had a disagreement earlier that night in Dinokana village, outside Zeerust

During the confrontation, the mother told Mogotsi that the infant was not his biological child. Mogotsi, who was reportedly drunk at the time, responded violently by assaulting the infant.

“Mogotsi then told the mother that the baby is dead and must be taken back to her parental home in Willowpark.

Police arrested the father shortly after the incident was reported and he appeared in court on Wednesday, November 13, 2017,” Myburgh said.

The case was brought to justice through the persistent efforts of the investigative officer, Sergeant Thabo Tshweu of Lehurutshe Detectives, and the prosecutor, Neo Sedumedi.

Lieutenant General Sello Kwena, the provincial police commissioner, and Rachel Makhari, North West director of public prosecutions, complimented the teamwork that resulted in the conviction.

Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.

Unsubscribe
Next Post
I Can’t Feed My Family Again, I Make N20,000 Daily But Spend N17,000 On Fuel — Kwara State Taxi Driver, Waheeb Ajibaye Laments (Video)

I Can't Feed My Family Again, I Make N20,000 Daily But Spend N17,000 On Fuel — Kwara State Taxi Driver, Waheeb Ajibaye Laments (Video)

No Result
View All Result

Naijalamp Facebook

Naijalamp TwitterX

About Us
Privacy Policy
© 2025 Copyright: Naijalamp. All Rights Reserved

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In

Add New Playlist

Social Media Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Entertainment
  • Funny
  • Sports
  • Music
  • Gists
  • Others
  • Contact Us

© 2025 Copyright: Naijalamp. All Rights Reserved